[DUCATI 796] Additional FAN for Oil cooler part1

PREPARING...

Here's the reason why I'm trying to put a fan on my 796..
Oil temperature raises real quick while riding in in hot weather and it's even worse stuck in traffic.

(dash image from owner manual)
-Oil temp. gauge shows 3 bars as normal condition. 
-But it can be 4 bars easily waiting for 60sec traffic light, and that's nothing good.
  At this point bike becomes a little  bit hard to start.
-After several traffic light waiting it will be showing 5 bars.
 At this point gasoline evaporate in a unusual way in gas tank as I can hear whistle sound coming out from the rubber tube.

<---FOR REFERENCE--->
- if the temperature is between -40°C and +80°C he display shows “STATUS 2”;
- if the temperature is between +81°C and +110°C the display shows “STATUS 3”;
- if the temperature is between +111°C and +135°C the display shows “STATUS 4”;
-if the temperature is between +136°C and +160°C the display shows “STATUS 5”;
- if the temperature is between +161°C and +175°C the display shows “STATUS 6”;
- if the temperature is between +176°C and +190°C the display shows “STATUS 7”;
<---FOR REFERENCE--->


Before I get my hands on doing this modification.
I bought some parts and wires from a electrical parts shop in Tainan.
  1. FAN DC 12V 80x80x25mm 
  2. Temperature Switch 40deg Normal Open
  3. 300V 22awg wire 150cm in Red/White/Black
  4. heatshrink tube
  5. glassfiber tube
  6. Fuse (which I already had)
product from Delta 
just to support the corp I used to work for


I can't find a IP fan in the shop.
gonna try this one out
and fill the gap with glue to protect circuit

tested the temp. switch
it works as I expected
only it takes a few minutes to release 

location for temp. switch
mounted under seat is much more safer I think..

new location for horn speaker
because I need more space for the fan

dc fan is expected to be installed in this area
think I'm gonna need to design a sheet metal as a support 

TO BE CONTINUED..



Comments