[DUCATI 796] Additional FAN for Oil cooler part2

 


I finally have time for this post..

Actually the fan kit set from my last post had already been installed on the bike.

It worked well and really lowered the engine temp. as I expected. 

The temp. gauge won't goes up to 4 bars in general condition even in city streets ride. 


BUT.. then I got myself another fan which has better CFM performance (also higher power consumption) and an adjustable temperature switch.

Here's how the work had done..

 NEW DC FAN 6W




















The metal piece mounted on the fan is a handmade bracket I use temporarily by now.

The right side attaches to the right side of the radiator while the left side to be fixed with a zip tie.

(this will be shown in the pics later on)

the fan sits right behind the radiator




















Radiator and frame are assembled using only 1 M6 bolt where I take it as a fix joint for my fan bracket.

The space behind the radiator is just slightly insufficient for both horn and fan, so I had to place the horn to somewhere else.

I routed another wire as extension for the horn.




















Since the canister had been removed by myself, therefore I have extra space inside the left side plastic cover.

The space is just what I need to place the horn as new location.

To be honest it sounds even louder in here instead of hiding underneath fuel tank.





















On the other side of the fan where I zip tie the fan and the oil route together as a temporary way.

New bracket design in on going. I had done with measurement and sketching.


testing temp. switch 




















This little device in the pic above is the temp. switch I found on Ruten.

The open/close temp. can be adjusted manually which I had set to be 36deg celsius.

In this case, I expect the fan running as soon as possible.

I use original 2p connecter as power input for the fan  




















There will be a part3 of this series posts after I finish the new fan bracket design.

TO BE CONTINUE...




Comments