[DUCATI 796] IRIDIUM SPARK PLUGS "NGK DCPR8EIX"

 


I am actually kind of a "LOW REV RIDER", if there is such a term..
which means low rev performance and throttle response of a bike is critical to me.
Unfortunately.. every DUCATI bike is well known to be running rough in lower rev range.

Someday I happened to found an article on a forum ducatimonster.org.
A rider in the article thread said iridium spark plug doesn't not provide better horsepower but better throttle response because of higher ignition efficiency.

Without a doubt I searched for them and ordered 2x iridium plugs.
Left Stock / Right Iridium
Iridium plugs has smaller electrode that  gives wider range of igniting condition and reduces the change of misfiring.

Bought it from Ruten.com for NTD300 each.
It's not expensive component but still play an important roll in a motorcycle.  

Front and rear cylinder plugs

Old stock plugs are seemed to be in good condition though I'm replacing them anyway for.. fun.
They had over 12000km mileage at the time.

FRONT
REAR

When it comes to MAINTENANCE, generally Ducati bikes have nothing to do with CONVENIENCE.

Luckily spark plug is the one of the items that's easy to work with.

It only takes a 16mm socket which is specifically for spark plugs to do the entire work.

KING TONY is usually my choice when  I need new tools.


Remember to clean the surface round the plug before removing it , otherwise would had those sand and dust in the combustion chamber.


32216km by now :)

Then I took the bike for a short test ride.

No obvious improvement as I had imagined, but I did really feel it smooth out a little bit in low rev range around 3k rpm with steady throttle.
I think I need more times to ride in order to be sure.

Hope I'm right about it.



Comments