[APPLE] Tip for "unable to read MicroSD Card on iMac"

 

I found MicroSD cards are difficult to be detected by readers that build in the Mac for years.

(either Mac mini or iMac)

Few weeks ago I posted a discussion about it on PTT BBS, but no helpful feedback.

The condition is what I listed below and it's strange..

SDHC                      -> Readable

MicroSD + Adapter -> Unable to Read

MicroSD                 -> Readable on GoPro



Somehow I find a way to fix this problem now.

It's the PAPER TAPE..




Attach a piece of paper tape onto the MicroSD card like I did to the adapter shown in the middle in the pic.

Then.. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Adapter / Adapter with tape / Regular SDHC

The reason of it is in the difference of thickness.
There's only 0.1mm difference between adapters and SDHC cards.


Comments