[DUCATI 796] Replace rear brake pad DIY

I bought this bike in Feb. this year, it had about 30k km mileage by now.
This is the first time I have it's brake pads replaced, and also the first time I write article for the bike.

Few days ago I was curious about the condition of brake pads.
And when I checked it, it was really surprising me.
The rear brake pads went too thin that I though it was started to wear it's metal part.


I then spent some time on Google and Ruten searching.
Eventually I found a budget dealer on Ruten.
It costed me NTD950 to buy the Brembo pads. (hope they are really from Brembo)


As soon as the pads were shipped. I began to work on it.
Because I won't let myself hit hard on the rear brake unless I replace the pads.

The procedure is not as simple as working on a Japanese bike.
That's the first thing I notice when I figured out how to take these pads out.
The whole brake caliper has to be taken out.
Another thing that surprise me is that the pads were fixed by a pin which is merely fixed by a E-clip.


Upper ones are old , lower ones are new.
Brembo P/N that marked on those pads are the same.
I bought it right.


Left side old / Right side new
From the pics above, I can tell I was reaching it's limit.
It has about 1mm left to use.


Now I can ride the bike with confidence.
The whole process took me about 20~30min.
Simple and fun to do.
But one have to be careful not to lose or brake the E-clip.






Comments