Farewell CB650F and Hi Ducati 796





Few days ago.. I saw a bike was selling on market place on facebook.

It was a Ducati Monster 796.

At first I was not familiar with the brand Ducati and the models they have.

The only model I knew is Monster 696.

the pic on the selling post

Then I made up my mind buying it in 2 days.

There are couple reasons why.. 

    -price is acceptable TWD280k 

    -design of the bike is beautiful

    -never had a L twin before

    -Termignoni Slip-on pipes can be sold afterward

    -lower seat-height

    -20kg lighter compares to 650f

waiting my friend to be off from work in a 7-11


On Valentines day today I met the bike owner.

I took a ride on his Tesla, and we went on working or ownership and payment transfer.

After that it was riding time full of joy.

Unlike riding a in-line four, taking off on a L-twin Ducati feels rough and bumpy.

Exhausts are loud enough that I seriously need ear plugs on slow speed mountain routes.

Air intake sound can be heard clearly during deceleration which is pretty cool.


Though the 796 actually has random starting issue, I'm no regret about owning it.

I am trying to narrow down the cause and get it fixed.

Things that were done on this Ducati will also be posted on this blog soon.


6 months later 650f was sold to a mid-aged guy
at a sadly low price

  


*I also made a short video to record this important moment.





Comments