[DUCATI 796] PUT THE STOCK EXHAUST PIPES BACK ON

 

Termignoni exhaust set were finally sold for 20k TWD
The 796 I bought from previous own came with Termignoni exhausts.

I've never ridden a bike makes such LOUD noise.

So loud that I need to put on ear plugs while riding on slow speed mountain routes.

Though it sounds way better with silencer installed, having mod exhaust is still risky in Taiwan.

Police and DMV occasionally set check points on popular mountain routes, and I cannot be sure if Termignoni can pass the emission regulation or not.


So I started the replacement work.

To replace the pipes is easy, but it has to be done together with air filter and ECU replacement.

And to get hands to the ECU will be much more time consuming. 

Fuel tank case and fuel tank itself needs to be removed.

put a towel underneath the fuel tank for more space


One thing I noticed is that the plastic part that holds the air filter has two extra holes for more air intake I guess.
The stock part otherwise does not have these holes.

upper mod ECU / lower stock ECU

The stock ECU looks barely used, just like it's been replaced right after the bike got shipped to the shop.

stock pipes are beautiful as well

Finally I got it done.
This is the first time I get my hands on this bike.
Hope I didn't do anything wrong.

Now I'm curious about the difference between Termignoni / Stock pipes.
I use noise app on apple watch to measure how loud are these pipes.
And the result shows 10dB difference in condition of engine idle.


Termignoni with silencer
stock 




Comments